Winner Crystal Cabinet Works Contest & Featured in Mpls/St. Paul Magazine
Cross Lake, MN
A beautifully remodeled kitchen went from average to uniquely designed.
A vacation home built in 1992 on Cross Lake that was made for entertaining.
- Chipped floor tiles
- Dated appliances
- Inadequate counter space & storage
- Poor lighting
- Lacking of a wet bar, buffet & desk
- Stark design and layout that didn’t fit the size of the room
Our goal was to create the log cabin feeling the homeowner wanted, not expanding the size of the kitchen, but utilizing the space better. In the redesign, we removed the half wall separating the kitchen and living room and added a third column to make it visually more appealing. We lowered the 16′ vaulted ceiling by adding 3 beams allowing us to add recessed lighting. Repositioning some of the appliances and enlarge counter space made room for many cooks in the kitchen, and a place for guests to sit and have conversation with the homeowners while they prepare meals.
The new kitchen looks like it was always part of this grand home.
Ready to Fall in Love with Your Kitchen?
Contact us today to start the design process with our award winning team members.
Key design features and focal points of the kitchen:
- Keeping the tongue-and-groove pine paneling on the walls, having it
sandblasted and stained to match the cabinetry, brings out the
- Balancing the room size we staggered the height of cabinetry reaching to
9′ high with an additional 6” crown molding.
- A larger island gained storage and also allows for 5 bar stools.
- A former closet became the desk. A buffet in the diningroom was added
and a 13′ wet bar became a room divider between the kitchen and
- We added several arched shapes: large arched-top window above the sink,
arch valance over the wet bar and the shape of the island.
- Wide pine wood floor with square nails
- Texture in the 1×1” mosaic tile backsplash
Balance of color is seen in the warm rustic cherry cabinets combined with accents of green stained cabinets, granite counter tops combined with cherry wood counter tops, pine wood floors, stone backs on the island and wet bar, 3-bronze metal doors and rust hardware.